Griffin Fiber is high-speed fiber optic internet service that provides fast, scalable, and predictable bandwidth, with greater resilience at high speeds.
Griffin Fiber consist of over 50 miles of fiber optic cable to support the telecommunication network in the Griffin area with additional deployment in progress. Our customers are industrial, local/county governments, businesses, and critical infrastructure agencies. Our internet service pricings are established from individual needs and requirements.
The City of Griffin is a certified Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) and has installed a fiber ring in both the Green Valley and Griffin-Spalding Industrial Parks, and has tied this local network to a certified statewide fiber backbone carrier. This provides high-speed connectivity to major points of presence (POP) and Internet access with redundant carriers and multiple on-ramps to the Internet.
The City’s Information Technology personnel offers 24 x 7 support for business customers providing the customers with worldwide high-speed internet connections. City of Griffin provide a wide range of bandwidth and circuit options backed by real-time monitoring to ensure maximum uptime. In addition, business customers have the option of a consolidated utility statement containing electric service, water, trash collection, and internet services.
The internet services provided are:
- Ideal for customers who typically use the Internet for email and web surfing
- Bi-Lateral, up to 1 Gbps Full-duplex Ethernet connection
- Reliable Service Fiber delivered to your location
- Ideal for customers who use their connection for VPN traffic, web hosting, and VOIP
- Bi-Lateral, up to 10 Gbps Full-duplex Ethernet connection
- Direct, dedicated connection to Upstream Tier 1 provider
- Static IP Address(es)
- Low latency
Dark Fiber Lease:
- Ideal for private networking, or Internet access or infrastructure.
Griffin fiber puts your business in the leading position to connect, network, increase output and grow. Leasing Griffin fiber puts your money back into our economy and helps build the future of our community.