Welcome to Griffin! We're glad you are here. To ensure a smooth transition for you, here are a few things you'll need to know about your garbage and recycling service.
- Garbage and Recycling are picked up once a week on the same day and should be placed out together by 6:30AM on the day of the pickup.
- Only City issued containers will be picked up.
- Bulky items are not included in the curbside pickup. Special arrangements must be made by calling our office at 770-229-6421.
- Recycling is mandated by the City Code. You must have recyclables in the blue container and leave it out with the green one until both are empty in order to ensure proper service.
- Any item containing food or liquid waste must be rinsed and clean before being placed into the blue container.
- Recyclable items do not have to be bagged. The garbage must be bagged. Additional blue containers are available upon request at no charge. Extra green containers will result in an additional charge of $18.95 per month.