Administration, or Office of the Chief
This office oversees the day-to-day operations of the Fire Department by handling the budget, planning for future needs and challenges and coordinating training for Department personnel.
- Fire Chief - Tommy Jones
- Operations Officer - Capt. John Hamilton
This division is made up of 60 dedicated public servants who are ready to answer any emergency call. They work 24-hours on, 48-hours off shift that allows them to be in the stations and ready to respond.
Each shift is commanded by a battalion chief and a staff of captains and lieutenants who direct rescue and fire scenes, oversee training and supervise day-to-day firehouse life.
- Battalion Chief, "A" Shift - Todd Wheeler
- Battalion Chief, "B" Shift - Roger Slaughter
- Battalion Chief, "C" Shift - Mike Shackelford
Fire Prevention Bureau
Comprised of the fire marshal and the fire inspector, the Bureau is in charge of activities that seek to prevent fire and ready the public for emergencies. The three primary missions of the Bureau are:
- Enforcement of local and state fire codes
- Investigation of fires, both accidental and intentional
- Public fire and life safety education
- Fire Marshal - Capt. Mitchell Cardell
- Fire Inspector - James Clinkscales