"The City of Griffin shall be a model of excellence in local government; a safe, well-planned community with equal opportunity for all."
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
"The City of Griffin is committed to a work environment that values and supports diversity and inclusion. Together we strive to enrich our diversity and promote acceptance of the differences of others. We believe diversity strengthens our workforce and inclusion allows us to grow together. This growth will strengthen our work environment, our government, and our ability to serve our citizens."
"In partnership with our community, the mission of the City of Griffin is to protect and enhance the quality of life by providing a high level of service in an efficient and responsive manner for all the citizens."
- We believe in honest, open, democratic government. We are dedicated to the highest ideals of honor and integrity in order to merit the respect, trust and confidence of the citizens of Griffin.
- We believe our primary responsibility is to those who live, work, visit or otherwise come in contact with our City. We are committed to enhancing the quality of life by providing exemplary services.
- We believe that the employees of the City are its most important resource, and through them our mission and vision will be accomplished. We will support them with dignity, respect and fairness.
- We believe it is important to listen to our citizens and be sensitive and responsive to their needs.
- We believe that planning, training and teamwork will fulfill our mission and vision for the future of the City of Griffin.
- To improve the quality of life by addressing the incidence and root causes of crime.
- To insure the availability and access to adequate, safe and affordable housing for every resident.
- To promote economic development activities that increase citizen access to high quality jobs while increasing the city's tax base.
- To manage the city's growth by protecting and preserving the environment and maximizing the use of public infrastructure.
- To improve the city's image by preserving and enhancing the community's aesthetic beauty and natural assets and by building upon the rich and diverse cultural heritage of the community.
- To support the success of the community by maximizing our resource (workforce, programs, facilities and financial assets) to provide the greatest possible benefit for the citizens of the City of Griffin.