REGULAR SCHEDULED MEETING
CITY OF GRIFFIN BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2010
W. ELMER GEORGE MUNICIPAL HALL
100 SOUTH HILL STREET
**Click links below to jump to the agenda item**
Start Video at the Beginning
Call to order by Chairperson Ward
Pledge of Allegiance
PRESENTATIONS / DELEGATIONS
1. Recognize James Carr, Gibb Cotton and Chris Underwood as September
2010 Employees of the Month. ITC Manager Jack Poland will address.
2. Consider approval of a Proclamation recognizing National Hospice Care
Month in November 2010.
At this time, the Chairperson opens the floor to comments from the audience. Comments
should relate to a specific agenda item, not listed on the agenda for a Public Hearing, or to a
concern within the jurisdiction of the City. Commission meetings serve the purpose of
conducting city business and are not a forum for the unlimited expression of opinion. The
Chairperson reserves the right to limit comments to matters germane to city business and may
refer speakers to the City Manager or other staff for resolution.
Public Hearings are conducted to allow public comment on specific advertised issues such as
rezoning, ordinances, policy development, operating budgets and other legislative actions to be
considered by the City Commission.
3. Receive comments regarding a Resolution to adopt the 2010 Tax Millage
Rate. Director of Administrative Services Markus Schwab will address.
4. Consider approval of Minutes of the Regular Scheduled Meeting on
October 12, 2010 and Minutes of the Workshop on October 12, 2010.
The Regular Agenda includes items on which the Commission will individually consider and
possibly take action.
5. Consider approval of a Resolution adopting the 2010 Tax Millage Rate.
Director of Administrative Services Markus Schwab will address.
6. Consider approval to purchase four (4) digital Ally In-Car Camera
Systems from Trans Comm, the sole source provider, in the amount of
$21,280.00. Chief Frank Strickland will address.
7. Consider approval of a Resolution for acquisition of easements and rights
of way according to engineering design plans as designed by the Georgia
Department of Transportation on Federal and State aid project BRSTL-
2517-00(001), Spalding County, CS 797/Sixth Street, P.I. No. 343460,
locally known as 6th Street Bridge. Director of Public Works and Utilities
Dr. Brant Keller will address.
8. Consider approval to award bid to low bidder, Griffin Fence Company, for
chain link fencing and a gate in the lower parking deck area, and amend
the budget by $18,574.00 accordingly. Director of Electric Bill Bosch
9. Consider approval for the sale of 1274kW of excess reserve capacity to the
City of Buford. Director of Electric Bill Bosch will address.
10. Consider approval to cancel the Regular Scheduled Meeting of the City of
Griffin Board of Commissioners on December 28, 2010. City Manager
Kenny Smith will address.
CITY MANAGER'S REPORT
The City Manager will update the Commission on pending items, upcoming
workshops, meetings, conferences and other pertinent issues.
CITY COMMISSIONER COMMENTS
Commissioners will provide updates regarding issues of interest from their respective
districts and/or committee reports.