REGULAR SCHEDULED MEETING
CITY OF GRIFFIN BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2012
W. ELMER GEORGE MUNICIPAL HALL
100 SOUTH HILL STREET
Call to order by Chairperson Ward
Pledge of Allegiance
PRESENTATIONS / DELEGATIONS
1. Recognize Rita Bagwell of the Customer Service Department as the
January 2012 “Strongest Link” Award recipient. Director of Electric Bill
Bosch will address.
2. Recognize former Judge Ronald Cook for his service to the City of Griffin
as Municipal Court Judge.
3. Recognize the City of Griffin’s Fat, Oils and Grease Program of
Excellence Award for 2011 by the Georgia F.O.G. Alliance. Director of
Public Works and Utilities Dr. Brant Keller will address.
4. Recognize a Proclamation declaring Wednesday, February 15, 2012 as
Arbor Day in the City of Griffin. Director of Public Works and Utilities
Dr. Brant Keller will address.
5. Joseph Walker, Executive Director of the Spalding County Collaborative
Authority for Families & Children, Inc., will update the Commission on
the 2011 Annual Report and Audit.
6. Review Financials and Quarterly Reports for December 2011. Director of
Administrative Services Markus Schwab will address.
At this time, the Chairperson opens the floor to comments from the audience.
Comments should relate to a specific agenda item, not listed on the agenda for a Public
Hearing, or to a concern within the jurisdiction of the City. Commission meetings
serve the purpose of conducting city business and are not a forum for the unlimited
expression of opinion. The Chairperson reserves the right to limit comments to matters
germane to city business and may refer speakers to the City Manager or other staff for
Public Hearings are conducted to allow public comment on specific advertised issues
such as rezoning, ordinances, policy development, operating budgets and other
legislative actions to be considered by the City Commission.
7. Consider approval of Minutes of the Regular Scheduled Meeting on
January 24, 2012.
The Regular Agenda includes items on which the Commission will individually
consider and possibly take action.
8. Consider approval to award purchase of a Johnson VT800 Street Sweeper
to Pat’s Pump & Blower in the amount of $238,692.00 for the Public
Works and Utilities Department. Director of Public Works and Utilities
Dr. Brant Keller will address.
9. Consider approval of a Lease Agreement between the City of Griffin and
Donald L. Crider, Jr. DDA Director Adam Causey will address.
10. Consider for approval the acceptance of a grant from the Central Georgia
EMC Foundation in the amount of $2,724.00 for the purchase of CPR
mannequins for the City of Griffin Fire Department, and amend the budget
accordingly. Chief Tommy Jones will address.
11. Consider a request from the Griffin-Spalding Hospital Authority for
expenditure of funds in the amount of $25,000.00. City Manager Kenny
Smith will address.
12. Consider the extension of rate indexing based on the Municipal Cost Index
as adopted in February, 2007 and which provisions sunset on February 28,
2012. City Manager Kenny Smith will address.
13. Consider a Memorandum of Understanding regarding the Proposed New
Airport. City Manager Kenny will address.
CITY MANAGER’S REPORT
The City Manager will update the Commission on pending items, upcoming
workshops, meetings, conferences and other pertinent issues.
CITY COMMISSIONER COMMENTS
Commissioners will provide updates regarding issues of interest from their respective
districts and/or committee reports.