REGULAR SCHEDULED MEETING
CITY OF GRIFFIN BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
TUESDAY, APRIL 12, 2011
W. ELMER GEORGE MUNICIPAL HALL
100 SOUTH HILL STREET
**Click links below to jump to the agenda item**
Start Video at the Beginning
Call to order by Chairperson Todd
Pledge of Allegiance
PRESENTATIONS / DELEGATIONS
1. Consider a Proclamation recognizing Confederate History Month in April
2011. Chairperson Todd will address.
At this time, the Chairperson opens the floor to comments from the audience.
Comments should relate to a specific agenda item, not listed on the agenda for a Public
Hearing, or to a concern within the jurisdiction of the City. Commission meetings
serve the purpose of conducting city business and are not a forum for the unlimited
expression of opinion. The Chairperson reserves the right to limit comments to matters
germane to city business and may refer speakers to the City Manager or other staff for
Public Hearings are conducted to allow public comment on specific advertised issues
such as rezoning, ordinances, policy development, operating budgets and other
legislative actions to be considered by the City Commission.
2. Consider approval of Minutes of the Regular Scheduled Meeting on
March 22, 2011 and Minutes of the Workshop on March 22, 2011.
The Regular Agenda includes items on which the Commission will individually
consider and possibly take action.
3. Consider agreement with USGS Joint Funding Agreement for seven
streamflow and rainfall gauging stations for the period of July 1, 2011 to
June 30, 2012. Director of Public Works and Utilities Dr. Brant Keller
4. Consider awarding bid to Tom Davidson & Sons, Inc. for the construction
of approximately 715 linear feet of 6” water main on Turner Street in the
amount of $44,945.00. Director of Public Works and Utilities Dr. Brant
Keller will address.
5. Consider agreement with Three Rivers Regional Commission for 50%
funding of a Transportation Planner Position effective July 1, 2011
through June 30, 2012, in the amount of $65,435.71. Director of Public
Works and Utilities Dr. Brant Keller will address.
6. Consider agreement with Three Rivers Regional Commission for the 5311
Public Transportation System for FY 2011-2012 in the amount of
$9,688.00. Director of Public Works & Utilities Dr. Brant Keller will
7. Consider the Utility Incentive Program for any new local business entity
locating within the Griffin city limits. Downtown Development Authority
Director Adam Causey will address.
8. Consider a Resolution to submit the 2011 Neighborhood Stabilization
Program (NSP III) application for $382,045.00 to the Georgia Department
of Community Affairs (DCA) to acquire, rehabilitate and reconstruct
properties within the City of Griffin. Planning and Development Director
Frederick Gardiner will address.
9. Consider the proposed Paychex Service Agreement, and by Resolution,
amend the budget accordingly. Director of Administrative Services
Markus Schwab will address.
10. Consider purchase of Telephone Call Recording System software and
hardware in the amount of $19,430 for the Customer Service Department,
and amend the budget accordingly. Director of Administrative Services
Markus Schwab will address.
11. Consider approval to declare surplus (10) Central Processing Units, and
donate to Rising Star Missionary Baptist Church. Director of
Administrative Services Markus Schwab will address.
CITY MANAGER’S REPORT
The City Manager will update the Commission on pending items, upcoming
workshops, meetings, conferences and other pertinent issues.
CITY COMMISSIONER COMMENTS
Commissioners will provide updates regarding issues of interest from their respective
districts and/or committee reports.