REGULAR SCHEDULED MEETING
CITY OF GRIFFIN BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2010
W. ELMER GEORGE MUNICIPAL HALL
100 SOUTH HILL STREET
**Click links below to jump to the agenda item**
Start Video at the Beginning
Call to order by Chairperson Ward
Pledge of Allegiance
PRESENTATIONS / DELEGATIONS
1. Recognize Sgt. Joe Hudson as the August 2010 Employee of the Month.
Chief Frank Strickland will address.
At this time, the Chairperson opens the floor to comments from the audience. Comments
should relate to a specific agenda item, not listed on the agenda for a Public Hearing, or to a
concern within the jurisdiction of the City. Commission meetings serve the purpose of
conducting city business and are not a forum for the unlimited expression of opinion. The
Chairperson reserves the right to limit comments to matters germane to city business and may
refer speakers to the City Manager or other staff for resolution.
Public Hearings are conducted to allow public comment on specific advertised issues such as
rezoning, ordinances, policy development, operating budgets and other legislative actions to be
considered by the City Commission.
2. Consider approval of Minutes of the Regular Scheduled Meeting on
September 14, 2010 and Minutes of the Workshop on September 14, 2010.
The Regular Agenda includes items on which the Commission will individually consider and
possibly take action.
3. Consider approval of a Resolution to amend the FY 10-11 Budget Electric
Fund in the amount of $13,645.00. Director of Administrative Services
Markus Schwab will address.
4. Consider approval to award bid to Garland/DBS, Inc., the lowest and most
responsive bidder, for a roof replacement at the Griffin Police Department.
Director of Central Services Phill Francis will address.
5. Consider approval for the Police Department to accept the Office of
Justice Programs grant, awarded in the amount of $19,435.00. Chief
Frank Strickland will address.
6. Consider approval of a contract with Sungard Public Sector OSSI to
upgrade the City of Griffin Police Departmentís Public Safety and
Municipal Court Systems. Chief Frank Strickland will address.
7. Consider approval of the purchase and installation of five (5) R450 Data
Collectors for Automatic Meter Reading (AMR) from Delta Municipal
Supply. Director of Public Works and Utilities Dr. Brant Keller will
8. Consider approval to purchase two thousand (2,000) 450 Series Neptune
water meters from Delta Municipal Supply. Director of Public works and
Utilities Dr. Brant Keller will address.
9. Recognize the refund of the Cityís percentage of MEAGís Combined
Cycle Power Sales Agreement. Director of Electric Bill Bosch will
10. Consider approval of a Supplemental Work Authorization with the LPA
Group. Airport Manager Robert Mohl will address.
11. Consider approval of a lease between the City of Griffin and 130 East
Taylor Street, LLC for a parking lot located on the east side of Bass Street.
City Manager Kenny Smith will address.
12. Consider approval of a lease agreement between the City of Griffin and
Griffin-Spalding County United Way. City Manager Kenny Smith will
13. Consider approval of a lease agreement between the City of Griffin and
Caring Hands United, Inc. City Manager Kenny Smith will address.
14. Consider approval of a lease agreement between the City of Griffin and
Tru-Check, Inc. City Manager Kenny Smith will address.
15. Consider approval for Commissioner Joanne Todd to attend the 2010
MEAG Mayors Summit on November 12-14, 2010 at Reynolds
Plantation, Greensboro, Georgia. City Manager Kenny Smith will address.
CITY MANAGERíS REPORT
The City Manager will update the Commission on pending items, upcoming
workshops, meetings, conferences and other pertinent issues.
CITY COMMISSIONER COMMENTS
Commissioners will provide updates regarding issues of interest from their respective
districts and/or committee reports.