Regular Scheduled Meeting
CITY OF GRIFFIN BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
September 10, 2013
W. ELMER GEORGE MUNICIPAL HALL
100 SOUTH HILL STREET
Call to order by Chairperson Todd
Please Rise for the Invocation
Pledge of Allegiance
PRESENTATIONS / DELEGATIONS
1. Recognize Gregory Height, with the Customer Service Department as the September 2013
“Strongest Link” Award recipient. Electric Director Bill Bosch will address
2. Recognize Wendy’s, located at 103 North Expressway; and Ortha & Julia Heggie, located at
453 Johnson Pool Road, for the Gorgeous Griffin’s Commercial and Residential beautification
award recipients for the month of August. Taurus Freeman will address.
3. Review Financials for July 2013. Chief Financial Officer Markus Schwab will address.
C i t i z e n Co m m e n t s
At this time, the Chairperson opens the floor to comments from the audience. Comments should relate to a
specific agenda item, not listed on the agenda for a Public Hearing, or to a concern within the jurisdiction
of the City. Commission meetings serve the purpose of conducting city business and are not a forum for the
unlimited expression of opinion. The Chairperson reserves the right to limit comments to matters germane
to city business and may refer speakers to the City Manager or other staff for resolution.
Public Hearings are conducted to allow public comment on specific advertised issues such as rezoning,
ordinances, policy development, operating budgets and other legislative actions to be considered by the City
4. Consider approval of Minutes of the Workshop on August 27, 2013 and Minutes of the Regular
Scheduled Meeting on August 27, 2013.
The Regular Agenda includes items on which the Commission will individually consider and possibly take
5. Consider a request from New Mercy Community Services, Inc. to provide a Letter of
Support for the New Mercy Ex-offender Reentry Health Project. W. Theodore Harris will
6. Consider the purchase of one (1) 2013 Caterpillar CT660S Roll Off Truck for use in the Solid
Waste Division Commercial Collections from Yancey Bros. Inc. the NJPA approved vendor for
the purchase price of $160,000.00. Central Services Director will address.
7. Award the bid and construction contract to Southern Champion Company, Inc. for the
expansion of Still Branch Regional Reservoir in the amount of $4,626,600.00. Dr. Brant D.
Keller will address.
8. Consider Task Order Form (TOF) from Paragon Consulting Group for the Engineering and
Design of water and wastewater lines due to relocation of Carver Road, for the GDOT Project
NH000-0001-04(062), PI 332890 SR3/US19 @ SR16 in the amount of $31,400.00. Dr. Brant
D. Keller will address.
9. Consider approval to purchase a new wire puller-tensioner from sole source Sherman-Reilly in
the amount of $83,300, approve the cash transfer of $28,300 to Electric Operating cash
account from Scrap Metal Sales (Electric Capital Improvement) cash account, and amend the
budget accordingly. Electric Department Director Bill Bosch will address.
10. Approve entering into a Beta Test Agreement with ITRON, Inc., to provide for the testing of In
Home Devices and new versions of AMI electric meters. Electric Director Bill Bosch will
11. Consider approval of boundary line agreement of real property jointly owned by City and
County, formerly used as Shoal Creek Municipal Landfill. City Attorney, Drew Whalen, will
12. Consider approval of a lease renewal with Tru-Check, Inc. for 293 square feet of space located
at 100 South Hill Street, One Griffin Center, Suite 114, in the amount of $759.72 per month, for
the term of October 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014. City Manager Kenny Smith will address.
CITY MANAGER'S REPORT
The City Manager will update the Commission on pending items, upcoming workshops, meetings,
conferences and other pertinent issues.
CITY COMMISSIONER COMMENTS
Commissioners will provide updates regarding issues of interest from their respective districts and/or